The 2018 OCSEF will be held on March 12-14, 2018 at the OC Fair & Event Center, Costa Mesa, California. The 2018 OCSEF Awards Ceremony will be held March 25, 2018 at Chapman University.
|Registration Starting Date||Sunday, January 13, 2018|
|On-Line Application Deadline||
Thursday, March 1, 20181
|Project Set-Up2||Monday, March 12, 2018|
|Judging3||Wednesday, March 14, 2018|
Wednesday, March 14, 2018: 6 pm – 8 pm
|Awards Ceremony – Chapman University||
Sunday, March 25, 2018: 6 pm – 8:30 pm
|OCSEF-sponsored Imaginology Program||
OCSEF Board of Directors
Prasanthi Sathyaprakash and James Li, Co-Presidents
1. All projects in senior division will be considered for ISEF competition.
2. Project setup will be in the Los Alamitos Bldg, OC Fair & Events Center in Costa Mesa. Please allow at least an hour to check in and set up your exhibit!
3. Judging/Student Interview Information for the Junior Division:
- Be at least 15 minutes early for your scheduled interview time.
- You must wear your exhibitor’s ribbon.
- While standing by your exhibit, judges or groups of judges will come by to discuss your project with you. You will be interviewed by both Category judges and Special Awards judges.
- Stay by your exhibit until your interview hour is over, and you have received your Certificate of Participation from the Category Judges.
- You must take home with you all materials/equipment you bring to show the judges. Do not leave anything on display with your exhibit board when you leave.
Judging/Student Interview Information for Senior Division (Grades 9-12):
- All Senior Division students should be standing at their projects at 9 am.
- Students will be interviewed by Category / ISEF judges as well as Special Award Judges between 9 am and Noon.
- All Senior Division students are invited as guests of the OCSEF to lunch.
- ISEF Semi-Finalists will be announced at 1 pm.
- ISEF Semi-Finalists will be interviewed in a second round of judging at 1 pm. All other Senior Division students are released.
- ISEF Finalists and Alternates will be announced at the Awards Program.
4. Project Removal: All projects must be removed by Wednesday, March 14, 2018 between 6:00 pm 8:00 pm. Your exhibitor’s ribbon will be needed to pick up your project. You may give your ribbon to another person to pick up your project.Any project not picked up by the deadline will be discarded!
5. The awards ceremony will be held at Memorial Hall at Chapman University. Awards will be announced and presented at that time; results will be posted on the website after the ceremony.