The 2017 OCSEF will be held on March 20-22, 2017 at the OC Fair & Event Center, Costa Mesa, California. The 2017 OCSEF Awards Ceremony will be held March 26, 2017 at Chapman University.
|Registration Starting Date||Sunday, January 15, 2017|
|On-Line Application Deadline||
Wednesday, March 1, 20171
|Project Set-Up2||Monday, March 20, 2017|
|Judging3||Wednesday, March 22, 2017|
Wednesday, March 22, 2017: 6 pm – 8 pm
|Awards Ceremony – Chapman University||
Sunday, March 26, 2017: 6 pm – 8:30 pm
|OCSEF-sponsored Imaginology Program||
Friday – Sunday, April 21 – 23, 2017
OCSEF Board of Directors
Prasanthi Sathyaprakash and James Li, Co-Presidents
1. All projects in senior division will be considered for ISEF competition.
2. Project setup will be in the Los Alamitos Bldg, OC Fair & Events Center in Costa Mesa. Please allow at least an hour to check in and set up your exhibit!
3. Judging/Student Interview Information for the Junior Division:
- Be at least 15 minutes early for your scheduled interview time.
- You must wear your exhibitor’s ribbon with colored judging-time dot.
- While standing by your exhibit, judges or groups of judges will come by to discuss your project with you. You will be interviewed by both Category judges and Special Awards judges.
- Stay by your exhibit until your interview hour is over, and you have received your Certificate of Participation from the Category Judges.
- You must take home with you all materials/equipment you bring to show the judges. Do not leave anything on display with your exhibit board when you leave.
Judging/Student Interview Information for Senior Division (Grades 9-12):
- All Senior Division students should be standing at their projects at 9 am.
- Students will be interviewed by Category / ISEF judges as well as Special Award Judges between 9 am and Noon.
- All Senior Division students are invited as guests of the OCSEF to lunch.
- ISEF Semi-Finalists will be announced at 1 pm.
- ISEF Semi-Finalists will be interviewed in a second round of judging at 1 pm. All other Senior Division students are released.
- ISEF Finalists and Alternates will be announced at the Awards Program.
4. Project Removal: All projects must be removed by Wednesday, March 22, 2017 between 6:00 pm 8:00 pm. Your exhibitor’s ribbon will be needed to pick up your project. You may give your ribbon to another person to pick up your project.Any project not picked up by the deadline will be discarded!
5. The awards ceremony will be held at Memorial Hall at Chapman University. Awards will be announced and presented at that time; results will be posted on the website after the ceremony.