A FREE online, interactive professional learning workshop for teachers and educators that will walk you through the steps of research project design, its alignment with NGSS, and support for your students entering the Orange County Science and Engineering Fair.
Improve the quality of experimental design and get tips on how to start students on research projects.
In This Workshop*, Teachers Learn How To:
- Help students choose a topic
- Implement and conduct research
- Track student progress
- Produce superior science/engineering fair virtual displays
- Navigate the pre-approval process for project proposals involving Tissues/Cell Links, Human Subjects, Vertebate Animals, Hazardous Material and Microbes
- Use science/engineering fair projects as a venue to support NGSS and 21st Century Skills
This workshop targets grades 6-12 Science/STEM educators, not K-5
Workshops include digital resources via Padlet with PowerPoint presentations for motivation and instruction, extensive curriculum and Internet links. You will be able to download resources at home, from a Padlet URL given at the training
Zoom invite with ID# and password will be sent the week before each workshop.
Select your date preference; All workshops are identical
|Session 1||Saturday, June 26, 2021|
|Session 2||Saturday, July 24, 2021||Cancelled|
|Session 3||Saturday, August 7, 2021||Cancelled|
|Session 4||Saturday, September 25, 2021|
If you have questions, please contact: Dean Gilbert, OCSEF Director of Outreach
* Limited to 50 people per Zoom Workshop