Download OCSEF Project Digital Template for optimizing your project presentation on the 2021 virtual platform.
With our decision to hold a virtual fair for 2021, OCSEF offers two options for student project display boards:
Prepare a traditional display board that adheres to all specifications and restrictions. Upon completion, upload a digital picture of your board when registering your project online . The digital picture must capture ALL essential board components AND BE CLEARLY VISIBLE AND READABLE TO ANY VIEWER.
Use a pre-designed digital backboard Google Slide Deck Template presentation, adhering to all criteria and formatting clearly outlined in the first two slides of the template. Once the slide deck presentation is completed, save the file as a PDF and upload it when registering your project online. Although use of a digital backboard slide deck is an option, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and will better assist students in structuring their interviews with judges
In the OCSEF 2021 Virtual format, every student has to submit a 3-minute video that includes the following:
- Your name, grade and school
- The title of your project, explaining your question and hypothesis
- Equipment used in your project
- Your experimental process
- Variables that you controlled and tested
- Size of your test group and number of trials
- The engineering problem you wanted to solve
- What you built
- What you did to improve your project
- Explain your observations, data, charts and graphs.
- What would be further research ideas or additional questions and next steps based on your experiments?
- Who might be interested in your findings, and why?
- If you have a group project, every student must present in the video.
- Groups of two – each student presents for 1.5 minute each.
- Groups of three – each students presents for 1 minute each.
- Please combine the videos to one video only for submission. Youtube has some great resources on how to combine videos.
- Remember, during a face-to-face interview, each student gets a chance to present and we expect the same in the video as well.