By: Cassidy K.
School: Oak Unique Learning School, 9th Grade
Advisor: Mrs. Naughton
I hypothesize that the number would continue to go up based on the rates from 2011-2016, provided by the CDC. Since the trend of vaping high schoolers went upward in the past, I predict that, based on the past’s upward trend, the same thing would happen in the future.
Purpose: To predict the percentage of high schoolers that will continue to vape in ten years if they stick to the way they have been vaping in the past and present.
- Examine the various rates of the number of teens vaping year by year in the past provided by the CDC.
- Use the randint function from the random library to choose one of these rates, and multiply it by the percentage of students smoking currently.
- Repeat step 2 ten times, once for each year in the future.
- Bin the last value, the representation of percentage vaping in the tenth year
- Repeat steps 2-4 ten thousand times, and count how many times the tenth year value results in each value rounded to the hundredths place.
- Graph the resulting data.